Industry Advisory Board
The Industry Advisory Board (IAB) serves the critical role in working with the Computer Science and Computer Engineering (CSCE) Department to:
- Be engaged with the department regarding students, curriculum, staffing, activities, etc.
- Review, evaluate, and advise regarding matters related to the department’s instructional, research, and service activities
- Provide support in expanding and strengthening mutually beneficial relationships with industry, present and former students, and government agencies
- Assist in student recruitment for internships and permanent positions
- Help with the development of resources for the department through endowments, gifts, scholarships, and fellowships, faculty development grants and awards
- Serve as advocate to promote the reputation of CSCE within the state, the nation, and world-wide
Members of IAB are nominated by the CSCE Department Head and existing IAB members. New members shall be approved by the IAB before being appointed by the CSCE Department Head. The term of membership is 3 years and can be renewed.
The IAB shall meet at least annually. Additional meetings can be called under special circumstances.